The easiest way to sell your used furniture and household items!
After running my Professional Organizing business, Farmington Valley Organizing, for 10 years, I have finally found an easy way to help my clients sell their furniture and household items.
In the past there were a few cumbersome methods:
- Tag or Estate Sale; this requires a LOT of time and effort on the seller’s part and draws a small local market of buyers. Buyers bicker on price and are expecting to pay rock bottom prices. Not everything will sell.
- Dealer buy out; This is an option if you are willing to get multiple bids and have high quality items. Dealers will typically pay 20% of the retail value of an item.
- Ebay; requires photos and descriptions of each item. Items may or may not sell. It could take months for something to sell at your price and you have to ship. Ugh.
- Consignment shops; Consignment shops require that you transport your items to them or pay for transportation costs. They typically take 50-60% and it may take months for your items to sell.
- Donate; easy but no income.
With these options, Estate liquidation and Downsizing have always been a challenge. But, now I have found a method that I am so excited about, I completely changed my business model to focus on bringing this service to my clients. Early in 2014, I established New England Online Auctions LLC to help you downsize with an online only estate auction :
- Fast: 7-14 days
- Easy; My associates and I do all the work
- Safe; no strangers are previewing your items
- Reaches over 45,000 registered online bidders in multiple states
- No Shipping; paid buyers must come and pick up their items at the same time.
- Items are sold in ‘Lots’ not one at a time.
- Commission is 25%
Review my website and read more about how it works. If you have items to sell, call me for a free auction assessment. Linda Pulford 860.558.1747.
Confidential and Insured Services for Business and Residential clients.
Some recently sold items: